Thursday, October 2, 2014

Charity Quilt Request

Hi ya'll!  A quick note to ask for any scraps you mights have that are at least 2.5" square.  The ladies in our church are starting to make cancer quilts for friends of our members, and we have only my stash to sew from.  We'd really like to have some other choices and would appreciate any cottons you would care to send.
I've got plenty of Christmas fabric and baby fabrics, but not a lot of anything else.
Please share this post with your friends who might be willing to send us an envelope or box full to get us started.
We're hoping and praying to get hooked up with the community service club at the high school next, and start a new generation of quilters. 
Thanks so much.
Holly & Beth

6 comments:

  1. I am trying to clean up my sewing room and would love to donate fabric to you. Where can I sent it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. drop me an email at whatknotgirls at yahoo dot com, and I will give you the snail mail address. We had a meeting last night and three high school girls showed up! I had them ironing and cutting in no time. Thank you for thinking of us.

      Delete
  2. I have fabric to donate. I have sent you an email at whatknotgirls.
    Kathy T. in Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have fabric I could send, if you have a specific block size in mind I could pre-cut some squares. I will send an e-mail for your address.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our first quilts are using 2.5" strips and squares. One of my favorite sizes, and since I am trying to "teach" others, it is what I am comfortable with...but we need 5" charm squares for the disappearing nine-patche quilt, and things for pieced backings too, for when I run out of flannel. Thank you so much for donating to us.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, we hope you'll take a minute to day "hi", we love comments!